6 Ways Cloud Can Impact IT

The cloud has been a recipient of rapid adoption globally and major growth over the years. With the high growth rate, it is natural to assume that the cloud will bring about changes in the way business is done and in organizations overall. The cloud is continuing to have a significant impact on how enterprises business with each other and this impact is bound to have some influence on the whole system. Here are discussed the most significant 6 ways, how the cloud can have an influence on IT sector.

1. Change of Focus in IT

Almost all major parts of the businesses are enables using cloud services against the internal IT. This requires a need for a shift of focus of the IT sector to use the cloud to its true potential. Prior to the cloud, the IT department would concentrate on keeping the business running smoothly. But since requires no hardware setup and management, the IT sector can now focus all its attention on how to integrate the multiple cloud services with end-users, and making sure that the cloud’s potential is utilized to the limit with full integration with the organization.

2. Hybrid IT

For large organizations, the cloud is enabling more than 40% of the business through its services thus leaving more than 60% to be done through internal IT. As the cloud brings about changes internally, the IT sector will experience solutions with support from private/public cloud platforms.

With support from the two platforms, internal IT is expected to produce better results.

3. Mobility and the Cloud

A majority of companies are looking into potential of mobility and deciding to create company app stores, enabling users to download certain mobile application depending on their function and location. For such a wish to come to life, IT needs to work in order to create a secure access protocol and also getting the basic right to the last detail about creating the app store with the specific target in mind and then work to achieve mobile enablement.

4. Pattern Based Computation

Large scale organizations are looking to create new opportunities to process large amount of data, on the basis of usage patterns of their customers and to understand how unique it is with each type using patterns, specificity and seasonality. This will make sure that the platform and services being built specifically for an individual consumer for a certain point of time will be now allocated and used for multiple users and multiple customer segments. This peer usage of data is to find out how companies can adapt redundancy and make a case for broader service.

5. Reduce Over Time

With the cloud services making solutions repeatable, the sales team perspective will be affected. The sales team shall be required to work on quality that produces the best result with the large scale organizations and make sure that the service provider and the end user to maintain a direct buying relationship on the same technology.

6. Customization

Whenever using cloud services within a large organization, standardization works well initially but sooner or later the users start demanding customization. The ability to customize the cloud services is an issue which has to be handled by the IT department. Switching to the cloud is a fruitful venture, but will require the IT to get the customization done wherever needed and thus helping the cloud with the integration.


The cloud is ready to have a deep impact on the IT sector, changing its nature of work. But the question is that the IT sector is ready to be guided by cloud technology?

Featured images:
  • License: Creative Commons image source

Renuka Rana, Editor at QuickBooks Hosting DotCom spends considerable part of her time in writing about technology including cloud hosting, Hosted PBX and cloud hosting. When not writing, she loves to dig deeper into knowing the best and the latest technology in industry.